The password padding is the process of making an easy to remember password longer and thus stronger, but keep it reasonably easy to remember.
How do I pad a password?
- Take a phrase or a couple of words – add them together, maybe one starts with a capital too.
- Add a number or two – maybe a birthday or special number
- Finally, add a unique something for the website you are using – this is tricky but let your imagination go to work – what you need is some combination of numbers and letters that will remind you of that website.
- Then add them all together to get a password of at least 8 characters – 12 is better (10 million times better)
Finally – don’t forget to vary your username, or if it is your email address, use a different one if you can. This will ensure that, even if the password is cracked, it will be hard for someone to use it again to harm you.
Still not sure what to do? Give the secureonthenet.com Password Padder a go.
NB You will go to our https://secureonthenet.com web site in a new window or tab.
Useful Features –
- It is easy to get unique memorable passwords – you only need to remember 3 numbers for each website
- The site is encrypted and everything takes place on your PC, so it is very safe.
- You can save the password as an image so easy to use and hide on your PC.
- You don’t have to use the password – in fact I would prefer you came up with your own version, which is even safer – the Password Padder is designed to give you an idea – use it if you want – it will produce good passwords, but coming up with your own version is even better.